Sunday, June 30, 2013

Adult Review: Wedding Night

Lottie thought her boyfriend of three years was about to propose, but instead the question involves a trip. With her heart broken at a swanky London restaurant, Lottie walks out. It's quite clear that the thought of marriage hadn't crossed his mind.

Lottie's not sure what to do - until she runs into an old boyfriend. He reminds her of an old promise to marry each other if they were still unattached at thirty. Lottie fondly remembers their summer of love and agrees.

Now she's having a wedding in weeks and her sister's flipping out. Fliss knows her younger sister's impulsive streak after a break-up creates poor life choices. She's determined to stop this wedding  AT ALL COSTS.

My Thoughts: I'm a big fan of Sophie Kinsella's books. This wasn't my favorite, but it was still entertaining. I liked the relationship between the sisters. Fliss portrayed the mother-hen nicely, wanting to keep Lottie from making huge mistakes in her life. I liked Lottie for her impulsiveness and wanting to be happy. There were times when I wanted to shake both characters because they made poor or crazy choices (or both). The over-the-top antics made me giggle. A quick fun read perfect for the beach or sitting by the pool. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great read. I love a character who is full of life and flaws and this sounds like the type of book to keep us intrigued.

The bags are adorable!!!!