Friday, June 7, 2013

BEA: Little Brown Cocktail Party


The Little Brown Cocktail Party featured authors as bartenders - an unique and awesome idea! Each featured author at a table with their own drink. The line up included: Paolo Bacigalup, Holly Black, Peter Brown, Kami Garci, Daniel Handler, Megan McCafferty, and Jerry Pinkney.

I made a beeline for Megan McCafferty because I adored Jessica Darling's It List #1. It was really great  meeting her. We talked about her book, the new cover, and how she doesn't really look at reviews. I then chatted with  Daniel Handler, who was funny and had a really strong drink. I caught up with Holly Black, who was awesome at the SLJ Day of Dialog. Plus I got to meet several librarians/bloggers.

The room was packed and everyone was chatting = a very fun night!  

Here are the book cards

They feature the drink of the night on the back:

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Okay, that is a REALLY cool party that I am totally envious of you for going to!! LOL. Can you send me the drink recipes? I'd love to see what they cooked up...