Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mysterious Saturday Review: The Diva Frosts a Cupcake

 *Book 7 in the Domestic Diva series*

Sophie's best friend Nina has put together an amazing fundraiser for the local animal shelter - Cupcakes and Pupcakes. Animals are up for adoption in the town square along with booths selling dog and cat accessories and of course, cupcake booths.

The whole town is talking about the breakup of two bakery owners. Joy moved out and opened a rival bakery just across the street. Both bakers have a booth at the event, but both are struggling to get ready.

When their employee Muffin is discovered dead at the old bakery, it's hard not to wonder which of the two bakers killed her. Could one of the baker have murdered their own help?

My Thoughts: I really enjoy this series - I love the cast of characters. In this addition, I like the new potential love interest. I love the bakeries and the bakers and learning how they got started. Many of them have a past with some feuds sprinkled in. I loved the cupcake descriptions  I really liked the charity events. I thought Humphrey's new status with Renee and Myra was nice for him as he's always been the nerdy nice guy. Natasha is still amusing and over the top, but she provides comic release in the tension. A fun new chapter in this great series!

Cover Thoughts: Cute - love the addition of Natasha's new dog
Source: My Library


1 comment:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Thanks for the review! =)
I really enjoy this series, and am looking forward to reading this one!