Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review: Five Summers

Four girls attend camp - they find themselves in the same cabin their first year. They become best friends and spend the next five years living for the summers. Since camp ended, life took over and their friendships have fallen by the wayside. However, they have one more chance to come together: camp reunion.

All four of them will be there this year - for the first time in three years, they will all be together. Secrets will be shared, drama will ensue, romance might begin or end. Through it all, they always believed they would have each other. Can they find a way to come back together or will this weekend destroy them?

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I loved the multiple perspectives and how the plot moved through time from their first summer to the present day. Although, there was plenty of relationship drama, I really liked how the focus was on the four girls. I loved how different the four girls were and yet how they were so close. I felt bad for Jo, who seemed on the outside a lot of the time. I felt sorry for Maddie who hide a huge secret. I felt betrayed by Skylar on Emma's behalf. A great book on friendship and what it means. 

Cover Thoughts: Fabulous!
Source: My Library
Similar Read: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

1 comment:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I've heard of a few bloggers that have this listed as one of their all-time favourite summer reads, so I'm definitely intrigued now. Wonderful review! :)