Saturday, June 15, 2013

Mysterious Saturday Review: Storm Front

Derrick Storm's been given an assignment from the CIA - an assignment chasing a man he believed to be dead for years. When several dead bankers turn up tortured - Storm realizes Volkov's behind everything.

He chases the dead bodies from Paris to London and back to US soil. As he races to uncover the clues behind the bodies, he discovers a financial plot that could ruin everyone.

Can Derrick Storm stop Volkov from killing the last banker and gaining access to his evil plot?
My Thoughts: I love Castle - so of course I wanted to read about the character he wrote. I love the TV ties with these books.  Plus, I was genuinely curious about Derrick Storm. The short chapters, plot twists, and multiple perspectives made it hard to put down. I loved all the action - the car chases (especially the one on the New Jersey turnpike), things being blown up, and the confrontations with the bad guys. It read like a fun action flick with some tender moments and some moments of laughter to ease the tension.  I loved the opening line where the gondolier was described as ruggedly handsome. 

Cover Thoughts: Really like it - especially the dark colors.
Source: My Library
Curious: I'm curious to discover who wrote the book - I feel like I've read the author before, but I can't quite place it.
Fun Fact: I even caught my puppy reading it!

No comments: