Thursday, June 6, 2013

BEA 2013 Recap: Part 2

After the Harlequin Teen Blogger Breakfast, I hit the floor. While I had a plan, I didn't go too crazy.

I loved talked with people in line and meeting different librarians and bloggers and book people. I love meeting people who adore books as much as I do!

I started by hitting up the publishers' booth, checking out the galleys and the book cover posters on the wall. I loved these Lego statues in the DK booth. They were amazing and every time I walked by, people were always taking pictures.


I saw these really fun balloon animals, which were really fun. 

I saw Eloisa James and chatted with her. She was SO nice! 

I met Brad Meltzer, who was really funny.

I saw Arthur Levine and Kazu Kibuishi posing in front of the new cover for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

I hung out with Greg from the Wimpy Kids books

I met Lauren Kate, who signed Teardrop - which will make a great summer reading prize for a teen at my library.

I got to meet Stephanie Evanovich who signed Big Girl Panties, which I can't wait to read

Super excited for both the Evanovich books! I came upon the Heist unexpectedly as well as Awaken. I hadn't heard of Mister Max, but loved Cynthia Voigt's Tillerman series. Excited to read something new from her and it sounds great. Also happy for the new sister book from Roeckers.  

Big books that I got at the SLJ Day of Dialog the day before (Post appearing on Friday at the Hub) that I'm really exciting to read! Getting Crown of Midnight was the one book I wanted and I can't wait to dive into it and savor it!

These books look like great summer reading prizes for teens and I know they will LOVE them. 

I picked up some signed romance books for the library collection. Romance books are HUGE at our library. I can't wait to read a few of them.

Now I need to update my purchasing list for the library as there are SO many great teen and tween books coming out soon!!!! Happy I could learn about them.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oooh! Looks like you had a great day. I tried to go lower stress this year, too. Much more just wandering, which was fun :) Jealous you got "This is W.A.R." I got an ecopy, but I love the physical books!! I'm gonna end up buying one when it eventually comes out.

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

Hee, I snagged pics of those lego dudes as well. I saw everyone carrying around those balloon dogs! Didn't see the booth for them, though. So much fun!! I love the way the cover art for Wimpy 8 was revealed! How creative! The TEARDROP line was insaaaaaaaane. Kudos for waiting in it! Is Stephanie Evanovich related to Janet? I keep wondering...! MISTER MAX was the one book I wanted to find and couldn't. You got lucky! :) CROWN OF MIDNIGHT was one I really wanted, too. I was lucky enough to meet Sarah a second time for YAGB this week! You got some great things at BEA. Enjoy them all!