Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tween Tuesday Review: Tuesdays at the Castle

Princess Celie loves Tuesdays because that's when the castle expands. It might grow an extra room or an extra wing. Celie loves Tuesdays and loves to explore the new rooms. She's making an atlas to help everyone else find their way.

Her parents leave to go see her brother graduate from Wizard's College. She's sad to be left behind with her older brother and sister. When a member of the guard comes back with the news of their death, Celie can't believe it.

Everyone knows that Castle Glower holds the real power, but few believe in it. Celie believes in the castle. She can feel it's power. Since the castle hasn't changed her parent's room, she's sure they are still alive somewhere.

When another threatens the throne, Celie does what she can to make sure her family stays in power. She has a little help from her sister and brother and of course, the castle.

My Thoughts: An adorable enchanting read. I ADORED the Castle. I loved Celie for her strength, sense of humor, and brilliance. I loved Rolf and even the very proper Lilah. Everything I've read by Jessica Day George is simply amazing and Tuesdays at the Castle is no different. While everything is wrapped up, I can't help but wish this is the first in a series.

Cover Thoughts: Really Cute

Source: My Library

1 comment:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I just gave this to a reader who loves fantasy. I can't wait to read it-it looks very cute and I've enjoyed other books by Jessica Day George.