Thursday, December 15, 2011

Review: Traitor in the Tunnel

Mary's sent undercover to Buckingham Palace to quietly find a thief in the midst. The thief is stealing from the White Drawing Room.

Mary's posing as a domestic maid in the palace. While she's working hard at both jobs - she's finding it harder to uncover any information about the thefts. No one is forth coming with information.

Just when Mary thinks this case might be her first failure, she follows someone into a secret tunnel in the pantry. The tunnels lead to a secret project that James is overseeing. Now, Mary must conquer her fears of talking to him again and possibly join forces with him again.

My Thoughts: I ADORE this series! It's one of my favorites and I'm so happy there's one more coming! I loved Mary going uncover as a maid for Queen Victoria. I loved learning more about the Queen's household - especially the No Gossip rule. I love the romance between Mary and James - it's quite heated. I really enjoyed the personal part of Mary's story where she deals with her father and her emotions. One part of the story made me sad but I'm interested to see where it goes. A wonderful addition to this historical fiction mystery series that I simply devoured.

This book comes out February 28th

Cover Thoughts: LOVE it!

Source: from the publisher Candlewick - THANK YOU!

1 comment:

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

So jealous you read this already! I really enjoy this series and I recommend it to my mystery readers all the time!