Sunday, June 25, 2023

If We Were Having Tea

 


I haven't done one of these posts in a long time...but here goes.

If we were having tea, I'd tell you:

1. It's that time of year again - the best and hardest time at the library. Summer reading is amazing because you get to connect with little kids, teens, and adults. You talk about favorite books and recommend books (my favorite part of my job) but you also bond at programs. It's heartwarming and amazing. But it's also really really hard. For an introvert, being social every day (because we have multiple programs every day) is draining. What is hard for you this summer?

2. I shut my Etsy shop - I usually wait until December to agonize over whether it's worth keeping open for another year or not. But there were so many hoops to jump through lately that I just didn't have patience for it anymore. But that doesn't mean I'll stop crafting.  And it does mean I'll give away most of the items I had created to holiday donation baskets where my parents live. It was a sad day for me because of course I feel like a failure, but that's just how things are sometimes. Failure is a part of life and while it sucks, I'm dusting myself off. What do you do after you fail at something?

3. I've been on a couple vacation this year, and I have one more planned for July. It's a family vacation and I haven't seen anyone in a while, so it will be nice to catch up. Are you traveling this summer?

4. I did a brave thing in terms of my writing this month. I'm finishing up a revision. I think my WIP is there - and if it doesn't hook someone's attention, maybe it's not the right time. I have another idea that I've been kicking around my brain for the past couple of years. Once the revision is done, I'm going to turn my attention towards writing that. It's a little bit different for me, but I think it will be really fun to write.  What are you goals for the summer? 


Oh and this was inspired by a post a million years ago by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner

No comments: