Friday, August 19, 2022

Review: Going Wild

 


* First book in a trilogy *

Charlie and her family move from Chicago to Arizona. Charlie's annoyed by the move - she's missing her friends and her soccer team. Of course, she's going to try out for a new team, but it's not the same. While they're unpacking, she finds a package with her name on it with a sports bracelet inside. 

She's excited for the gift as she thinks it will help her focus on her soccer skills. When she puts it on, strange things start to happen. Charlie can run super-fast, and her healing ability is amazing. Add that with super strength and Charlie is confused. Worse, she can't get the bracelet off. Can she figure out the truth behind the bracelet and its powers?
My Thoughts: I heard about this book at an author event. I'm so glad I did because I missed it somehow. And it's super good - there's lots of action and danger. Lots of friendship drama as Charlie navigates friendships at her new school. There's family drama as everyone is adjusting to a new routine. Charlie's involved in soccer and theater at school. I can't wait to read the next books and lucky for me, because this is an older trilogy, I don't have to wait. 

Cover Thoughts: Cool
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: If you don't have this trilogy, it's highly recommended!

No comments: