Saturday, August 27, 2022

Movie Review: Not Just a Girl



This one is on Netflix and it was great!

I found Shania Twain through my sister. After she went to college, she'd come home and play music. We would dance like maniacs. Any Man of Mine was the first song.

I hadn't listened to country before but I was sure I didn't like it. 

When I heard about this documentary, I was really excited about it. I had forgotten some of my favorite Shania Twain songs. How can you really pick a favorite? There are so many good ones! Some other favorites: Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under, Don't Be Stupid, That Don't Impress Me Much (a college favorite), Honey I'm Home, Love Gets Me Every Time, Up!, and Man I Feel Like a Woman. Do you have a favorite Shania Song?

I did see her in concert, and it was amazing! 

I didn't know much about her and her life, so this was eye opening. I admire her ambition and her persistence.  

I loved learning about her life growing up. 
Can you imagine singing in bars as a child?

I didn't know she wrote her own songs with her then husband. 

I didn't know about her illness and why she stopped singing.

Now I want to know more - more stories about song writing and her life. 

No comments: