Thursday, September 2, 2021

Review: The Diva Serves Forbidden Fruit

 

* Book 14 in the Domestic Diva series *

Sophie's friends have just returned from a trip abroad - and just in time for the DIY festival Sophie's running. Sophie picks up her friend from the airport. Nina looks a mess and she isn't wearing any shoes. Clearly there's a story (or several) behind the trip.

The festival starts and one of the vendor's is missing her mother. When Sophie helps her out, investigating Lark's house, she stumbles across a body in the yard. The body's positioned to make the death look like an accident, but it doesn't feel like an accident. 

Lark traveled with Nina on the trip. Before long, Nina's house is burglarized in the middle of the night. Something strange is going on and Sophie's not going to rest until she solves this mystery.
My Thoughts: Another fun installment in this series. This series has been a long time favorite of mine and I'm always happy to catch up with the characters. The festival sounds really fun and I liked it as a way to introduce new characters and new people to this small town. I do love how Sophie and her friends rally around Nina. As always their cozy eating times makes my mouth water and I long to whip up a delicious dessert (good thing there are recipes in the back of the book). I didn't see the link between the two murders - so I was left guessing until the end. Looking forward to the next book in the series

Cover Thoughts: Charming as Always
Source: My library

No comments: