Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Picture Book Wednesday: A Garden to Save the Birds

 



Emmy and Callum heard a bird hit their window. It made them curious, so they did some research. It turns out there aren't that many birds as there used to be. So they did more research to see what they could do to help birds. Some things they start doing and some things they stop doing - both make their yard better for birds. 
I really enjoyed this story. I loved how the siblings researched and then put their new knowledge to work. And they inspired me to do the same. I'm going to create a more friendly backyard for birds (and other small animals). There's a list at the back of the book - helpful tips pulled from the story. I really like how they siblings talked about their findings in the neighborhood and inspired others to create friendly spaces too. The artwork is charming.

Library Recommendation: A must have book for your library - perfect for your nature collection. 

No comments: