Friday, September 17, 2021

Review: Death in Bloom

 


* first book in a new series *

Sierra never thought she'd be back in her hometown. But after her singing career died in Nashville, she needed a place to stay. Luckily, she's been working part time at a local flower shop. When teaching a class on flower arranging, one of the customer's dies.

Sierra can't imagine anything more horrible - but it gets worse. The owner of the shop disappears, leaving the flower shop and his dog to Sierra. People keep breaking into the shop. The suspect list grows by the day - especially when people do not want the struggling flower shop to stay in business.

Sierra can't help but attempt to untangle all these secrets. How can she keep the flower shop with all the secrets and anger directed towards it?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this start to a new series. I loved the flower shop setting and reading about all the flowers. I like the small town and all the secrets. The boss part was strange to me, but I did enjoy how it left Sierra in charge of the flower shop. And of course I loved Gus, the dog. I also loved Granny Mae and her ways of doing things. Looking forward to the next book in the series. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your cozy section

No comments: