Monday, May 24, 2021

Review: Color Me Murder

 


Florrie Fox manages a bookstore, Color Me Read. The owner insists that she move into his carriage house so he doesn't have to allow his nephew to live there. Florrie falls in love with the carriage house - it's everything she's ever wanted and so close to work. However, Delbert, makes his displeasure known. He also tells Florrie that one day, he will inherit everything and then she'll be out of a job. Florrie doesn't like him and starts second guessing her living decision.

The she stumbles onto a crime scene in the bookstore. She discovers a trap door and a dead body. Delbert's been murdered. The suspect list is long - but the police believe her boss to be responsible. Florrie starts asking questions because she knows her boss would never have killed his nephew.
My Thoughts: A charming start to a new series. I love that this mystery series takes place in a bookstore. I really liked Florrie - for her book love and her book creations. She creates coloring books on the side. Of course, I felt terrible for her boss and his family drama. I liked the secondary characters and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better. Looking forward to the next book.

Cover Thoughts: Cute - I like the coloring book tie-in
Source: My library

Library Recommendation: A great series for your public library's mystery section!

No comments: