Monday, October 22, 2018

Romance Review: What a Difference A Duke Makes

What a Difference a Duke Makes (School for Dukes, #1)

* First in a new series *
Mari Perkins doesn't know what to do with herself  - her luggage was stolen. She's late for a job interview and thrown out. She has no money and no prospects.

And then she overhears a governess vacating a position for a Duke. He's her last hope.

She marches to his house and tells him the agency sent her to fill the position.  He doesn't want to give it to her, but he finally does, on a trial basis.

He doesn't believe she has what it takes to manage the twins who have gotten rid of far too many governesses. He also doesn't want to be tempted by her. He's determined not to give in to lust - but she takes matters into her own hands.
My Thoughts: I really liked the start of this new series. I enjoyed the kids and their antics. I loved the Duke's sister and her philosophies from her pants to her ideas about women. Luckily the next book is all about her. I liked how Mari knew how the children were feeling, having grown up without parents herself. I enjoyed her search for her biological family and how that turned out. I enjoyed the Duke's interest in creating something useful and how he worked hard at it - and how that didn't work with societal views. I'm so looking forward to book 2!

Cover Thoughts:
Source: My Library

No comments: