Friday, September 28, 2018

Review: A Study in Scarlet Women

A Study in Scarlet Women (Lady Sherlock, #1)* First Book in the series *
Charlotte Holmes has never felt comfortable in society. After her father breaks their deal, Charlotte takes matters into her own hands. She plans an event that will allow her to move away from proper society - although she doesn't realize how hard things might become when she's taking care of herself.

After three odd deaths occur and suspicion falls on her sister, Charlotte uses her alter ego to help persuade the police they're on the wrong track. But she'll need help. Luckily she can count on some friends - both new and old to help uncover the truth.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this gender swap of Sherlock Holmes. I loved Charlotte's mind and how she used it. I enjoyed her relationship with her sister and Mrs. Watson. I like how she formed a partnership with the latter. I also really enjoyed the policeman and his wife. I liked the puzzling deaths, the connections, and the reveal. I'm looking forward to the next book. 

Cover Thoughts: Love it
Source: Gifted by my OTSPsecretsister
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your public library mystery section.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm intrigued by the cover as well... I love the idea of gender swapping Sherlock Holmes! Might pick this up in the near future. :)