Friday, August 31, 2018

Review: Royal Crown

Royal Crown (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, #4)
* Book 4 in the From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess series *
Princess Olivia can't wait until the royal coronation of her sister Mia. She's excited to have time in the palace with her best friend Nishi. Unfortunately, she also has to spend time with her nemesis - her cousin Lady Luisa.

Another cousin's trying to take the throne away from Princess Mia and no one knows if the coronation with actually happen. Tensions are running high throughout the palace.

Olivia's struggling because Nishi wants to babysit the kids staying at the palace to make some money for a new phone. Both she and Luisa bond over their boyfriends and their periods making Olivia feel left over - especially once they learn that Olivia and Prince Khalil haven't kissed yet. Will everything come together?
My Thoughts: It's no surprise here that I adore this series. Of course, I love seeing my favorite characters from the Princess Dairies series, but I also love the new characters. Olivia struggles much like Mia - over boys, girl drama, and her dreams. I like the interactions between Olivia and Lady Luisa and how that all works out. I liked seeing all Olivia's friends together at the palace. I enjoyed Grandmere as usual. She makes me chuckle. Another fun read from Meg Cabot!

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: This series is a must have for school and public libraries.

1 comment:

Brooke Lorren said...

I'll have to recommend this series to my boy. He loves MG fantasy stories that make him laugh.