Thursday, August 9, 2018

Review: Love Double Dutch

Love Double Dutch!
MaKayla's super excited about competing in the double dutch tournament this summer. She's hoping she and her team will make it to the finals. She's devastated when she learns that her parents are shipping her to North Carolina for the summer to live with her aunt and uncle. Her parents needs to figure out their relationship.

MaKayla isn't interested in spending the summer in the South. She doesn't want to live with her princess cousin for the summer. But there's nothing she can do about it.

She's surprised to learn that the camp in North Carolina has double dutch  - and even more surprised to learn that her cousin used to jump. Will MaKayla's summer be better than she ever expected?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - especially learning about double dutch. I loved MaKayla's attitude -she's tough and feisty. I loved her confidence and the way she stood up for her cousin Sally. I enjoyed her moments with Sally - from the beginning of the summer until they became friends. I also liked MaKayla's moments with Charlie. I loved the ending and how it all worked together. A sweet sporty book just perfect for middle grade readers.

Cover Thoughts: Amazing
Source: My Library
Library Recommendations: Grab this one for your public library and schools.

No comments: