Saturday, August 18, 2018

Review: Cottage by the Sea

Cottage by the Sea
After a family tragedy, Annie's life comes to a screeching halt. Unsure of what to do with her life, she returns to a seaside vacation village from her childhood. After she sleeps through the night, she realizes that this place could heal her.

Quickly, she finds a job and moves into the cottage her family used to rent. Annie's hoping to find herself again and to get her life back on track. But what she doesn't imagine is finding herself a whole new family.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this story and I loved the seaside community. I loved Annie's relationship with Keaton. My heart ached for him and his family life. I just wanted to give him a great big hug. I really loved Mellie's character - I would have liked to learn more about her past. I enjoyed her banter with Annie. While this book tackles healing of all sorts - from several different types of abuse, it's a hopeful peaceful read.

Cover Thoughts: Gorgeous
Source: My Library

Library Recommendation: Debbie Macomber should be an auto-buy author for libraries.

No comments: