Monday, May 21, 2018

Review: Not if I Save Your First

Not If I Save You First
Maddie thought she and Logan would be best friends forever, until an incident drove them thousands of miles apart. Maddie still wrote to Logan, but he never wrote back. Eventually, she realizes she was almost alone in the world - until one day ten years later when he showed up on her doorstep.

Maddie's spent the last ten years in the Alaskan wilderness. She's  annoyed and angry with her former best friend and she wants answers. What she doesn't expect is for him to follow her when she's doing her chores.

She doesn't expect a man to come out of nowhere and attack her. Sure Logan's the President's son and he's a valuable target, but they shouldn't have found him here. Now she's the only one who can save him. Even if she wants to kill him herself.
My Thoughts: I loved this book and was so glad to read it. I'm a HUGE Ally Carter fan. I loved Maddie's toughness, but also how she was in tough with her girly side (bedazzled hatchet anyone?). I loved the danger and the action - both the wilderness and from the bad guys. I loved the letters from Maddie and how she kept asking him about them, asking him to explain what happened to her. I couldn't put this book down, which isn't unusual for an Ally Carter book. She writes the perfect blend of romance, humor, danger, and action.

Cover Thoughts: Perfect
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your school and public libraries - it's a must have.

No comments: