Saturday, February 28, 2015

Mysterious Saturday Review: This Old Homicide

* Book 2 in the Fixer-Upper Series *
Shannon hasn't seen her next door neighbor in a few days. Uneasy, she uses her key to let herself into this house to check on him. The house is in a complete disarray. It's not long before she find Jesse's body.

At first, it looks like a heart attack killed her neighbor and her best friend's uncle. But Shannon isn't convince. Jesse would have never left his house in that shape. Could someone have tossed it?

What were they looking for? Jesse didn't have anything of value - except for that necklace he claimed to have recovered while diving. No one has seen the necklace. Or the new girlfriend he claimed to have. Everyone knows that Jesse loved telling stories - but could one of his stories have gotten him killed?
My Thoughts: I loved the second book as much as the first - with the small town charm and the characters. I really liked Jesse and was hoping to see him in many books to come, so I was saddened by his death. Although I did like how Shannon and Jane looked into this murder - how they didn't believe that he died of natural causes.

I enjoyed learning more about Jesse - from his tall tales to reality. I like how Shannon tried to include the police this time along with her mystery writer friend. I like how the two men play off each other - both as experts in the mystery world but also as romantic interests. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library

Overall Thoughts: Another fantastic edition to this series - if you haven't read it, what are you waiting for? It's got small town charm, romantic potential, friendships, and danger! I'm a big fan.

No comments: