Thursday, September 10, 2009

Forgive My Fins


Here's Tera Lynn Childs' (Happy Birthday Tera!) new book coming out next year.
Check out that gorgeous cover! It Rocks.

Here's the blurb from her Website:

Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it’s not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you’re a normal teenage girl, but when you’re half human, half mermaid like Lily, there’s no such thing as a simple crush.

Lily’s mermaid identity is a secret that can’t get out, since she’s not just any mermaid – she’s a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn’t feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she’s been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren’t really the casual dating type – when they “bond,” it’s for life.

When Lily’s attempt to win Brody’s love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned.

Check out the collages she make for each of the characters for the book

I had the lucky fortune to read the book already. It's AMAZING!

Even Cabot, my puppy liked it. Here he is nosing the cover:
And here is he flipping it open to read with his nose!


PLUS: there's a sequel in the work for summer 2011! So exciting. Congrats Tera!

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

The pci scared me because i thought he was eating it.

Ellz said...

Cute pics. I love hearing that there is going to be a sequel. What an original idea!

ParaJunkee said...

I've heard a lot of good things about the book, it sounds good. The pics are very cute.

Jenni @ Falling Off The Shelf said...

Awesome that you already had a chance to read it! It looks fabulous, and I can't wait until I can read it myself.

Jessica said...

Sounds like my kinda book. I love TLC! Can't wait to read it.

Me said...

Aw, thanks for the FORGIVE MY FINS shout out, J! I love the pics of your puppy reading the manuscript. (And clever blog readers might even click on the second pic and read a whole page of the book!) I'm so glad you liked it so much and I can't wait for Lily, Quince, Brody and the gang to head out into the world. Soon!