Monday, April 27, 2009

Great Call of China

Cece's spending the summer in China - the nation of her birth. She was adopted when she was 2 years old. For her, it's more than just coming home; she's out to find her beginnings. While there, she's enrolled in the S.A.S.S. summer program. She's really looking forward to digging up the history of China and learning all that she can. Plus it doesn't hurt that she's caught the eye of the cutest boy in the program. Her roommate is a bit of a flake. Her expectations of China didn't prepare her for reality, but she's still having the time of her life. She's just not sure if she's brave enough to tackle finding out about her past. Will she miss her one chance?

I LOVE the S.A.S.S. series, each is written in a different place with a different author. I confess, I look for each new one. This one was awesome - heart wrenching (I did shed some tears). I love the culture shock and the friendships formed. Plus the Wall scene REALLY made me want to do the same thing - great writing!

Check out the author Cynthea Liu's site for more details, including an awesome video.

No comments: