Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Book Meme

I saw this over at Diane Peterfreund's blog today and it looked like great fun!

1. What author do you own the most books by?

Hmmm, a quick glance at my bookshelves reveals J.K. Rowling, Meg Cabot, and Janet Evanovich


2. What book do you own the most copies of?

None - all single copies


3. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?

Mr Darcy. Need I say more.


4. What book have you read more than any other?

Oh, that's a hard one. Emily of New Moon most likely


5. What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?

No idea. Seriously. But thinking....Tales of Fourth Grade Nothing.


6. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?

I've come to the conclusion that I need no longer to be compelled to read entire books that I hate. I just give up if it doesn't hook me. There's way to many good ones out there to waste my time.


7. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?

God. This one's hard too. The Hunger Games, Graceling, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn, Purge, Map of the Known World, Sophomore Switch, Almost Astronauts, The Season, and Ransom My Heart


8. If you could tell everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?

A Game of Thrones


9. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?

James Joyce. Never understood a word he said.


10. Do you prefer the French or the Russians?

French. Loved Count of Monte Cristo - though I've always wanted to read War and Peace....


11. Shakespeare, Milton or Chaucer?

None.


12. Austen or Eliot?

Austen. Hands down. But I do like Eliot too.


13. What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?

Nonfiction/Boy books. I'm a girly girl - which isn't always best for my job.


14. What is your favorite novel?

Hard to say, but I'm going with Game of Thrones plus Pride and Prejudice.

Yes, I know they are completely different books.


15. Plays?

nope.


16. Poem?

If it's a novel in verse - sure. Sandell, Sones, Hopkins, Grover = all great.


17. Essay?

Not really.


18. Non Fiction

Let Me Play, Almost Astronauts, Our Eleanor... plus crafty books.


19. Graphic Novel?

Breaking Up and the Harlequin Pink series.


20. Science Fiction?

I get into trouble here because I classify Vamp books as SF. And they're to hard to choose from - loving Morganville Vampire, Blue Bloods, and Vampire Academy series.

So Generation Dead - non vampire


22. Fantasy?
Song of Ice and Fire (1st book = Game of Thrones) Which is going be to a series on HBO - filming starts in October! (squeals with Glee)

23. Who is your favorite writer?

again, several - so I'm listing the top: George R.R. Martin, Jane Austen, Meg Cabot, J.K. Rowling, Janet Evanovich and L.M. Montgomery.


24. What are you reading right now?
Just finished a book this morning (Gorgeous by Rachel Vail.)

25. Favorite Genre:

Teen books, chick lit, mysteries, craft books,and spy novels are all my faves

1 comment:

prophecygirl said...

I'm loving that Colin Firth pic! :)