Thursday, October 12, 2017

Review: Princesses, Inc

When their favorite YouTube star announces plans to visit their state, Hailey and her friends would do anything to see him. But the trip to the local comic-con is expensive and their parents aren't willing to pay for it. So the girls come up with a plan - they will become princesses and babysit the neighborhood kids. Babysitting is easy right?

Hailey has another reason for going to the comic-con; she wants to enter a writing contest. She loves writing, especially the fanfiction starring a certain YouTube star. But she needs something more impressive to enter.

In between school work, babysitting, and writing Hailey barely has time to sleep. Can she and her friends pull off their plan or will it be a complete failure?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. I felt bad for Hailey because of all the pressure she was under and how she didn't have any time for herself. I enjoyed the babysitting moments - both the sweet and the crazy ones. I loved the magic show in the hospital and how that worked out for the friends. I really liked the writing moments - even the accidental email. The writing advice was great; I loved the different between the fanfiction and the more literary writing. I loved how Hailey and her friends have so many interests: writing, video games, cosplay. And that they get excited about them. Another fun novel from Mari Mancusi.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Fun Fact: I just saw on Facebook that Mari and I have been social media friends for 9 years. I've been reading and loving her books for a long time!
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for both public and school libraries. Hand it out to everyone with a fandom.

No comments: