Lizzie is the biggest booknerd you will ever meet. She volunteers at the shelter where she helps take care of abandoned kittens. There she meets Dylan, a very cute boy her age.She thinks she could have a crush on him - until he claims he's not a reader. That's a non-starter for Lizzie. Even her best friends are readers - even though they all claim different genres as their favorites.But Dylan lied - he's a huge fantasy reader. Or at least he used to be. He was bullied for reading and enjoying fantasy novels. So, he stopped sharing him love of books and started working out. Now he's a tennis player who switched schools senior year. He keeps that fantasy nerd part of him locked away until he can go to college and finally be his true self.
My Thoughts: This was a great romance for booknerds. I loved all the bookish references. I loved the moments in the library - and the librarian. I loved how Lizzie and her friends had a book club where they all read what they liked. I loved their bookish moments. There were so many cute kitten moments here - it made me want to volunteer too. Although I confess, I'm more of a dog person. I loved the letters in the books too - and the fact that both brought in their friends for help. I hated the Dylan had to close off parts of himself because of all the bullying. I wanted to give him a giant hug. But I did love the message of this book. I also loved that most of this book is set during the summer before college.
Cover Thoughts: Adorable
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: A booknerd romance that's perfect for your teen romance collection

No comments:
Post a Comment