Jax owns the family bookstore - complete with the African gray parrot, Ramon. She and her ex-husband have a unique way to co-parent. Harris comes to her with a request - he'd like his girlfriend to be able to sleep over at the house with the kids. Jax says no. He takes things to the next level, and everything spirals out of control.Jax's sister Ryleigh turns down a marriage proposal she thought she wanted. Now she's questioning all her life choices. She loves being an elementary school teacher, but she also wants to become a mom. Should she move back to San Diego where the dating pool is larger even though that means missing out on family time?As these two sisters struggle with life changing decisions, they also discover truths about themselves. Could these truths be the key to their happiness?
My Thoughts: I loved how the book alternated between the two sisters. This was a fun read, one that I didn't want to put down. I did enjoy how everything worked out and how the sisters took a deep look at themselves. I would really love to visit this bookstore. Also, the parrot stole many scenes and added humor to the story.
Cover Thoughts: Pretty
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for your public library's adult collection

No comments:
Post a Comment