Monday, March 15, 2021

Review: Hot British Boyfriend


After a humiliating betrayal by her new best friend, Ellie jumps at the opportunity to spend the fall semester of her senior year in high school in England.  She can't wait to lose herself in another country - even if the classes are AP classes. So what if they're kicking her butt. At least she doesn't have to deal with her old life. 

And then she meets Will at a farmer's market. He's hot. He's British. He could be the perfect boyfriend. But if that's the case, why is it so hard to be normal around him? Why can't Ellie tell him about her fairy houses, her real name or her real age? Why do they always talk about his life and his issues? He might be British, but is he the right guy for her?

My Thoughts: This was a really fun book that reminded me of the time I spent in Bath for a semester in college. I loved reading about England and traveling with Ellie and her group of friends. I loved how Ellie fell into a group of friends and became one of them. I loved the fairy houses and the gardening moments. I loved the exploring the school building. I didn't really love Will; I wanted to punch him him the face, to be honest. And I didn't like the way Elle acted around him - she was trying to hard to be someone different. Everything else was charming and sweet.

Cover Thoughts: Grabbed my eye immediately
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Grab this one for your romance section!

No comments: