Monday, January 18, 2021

Review: Shake it Off



Bria's a city girl. She's from Chicago - she loves the city noises and the fashion. And most importantly the milkshakes. But she's going to be stuck spending the summer with her aunt and uncle on their farm in Iowa. She couldn't be more devastated. 

Until she realizes she has no phone service and she's expected to do chores around the farm. This wasn't part of the plan (Aka her punishment for her bad choices in the Spring).  Bria is terrible at everything - from helping with animals to making boring milkshakes.

She doesn't understand why they can't shake things up a bit. Her cousin's dying to run the farm when she gets older, but there's a company who wants to purchase it now. If they don't do something - and quickly - the farm might not be around much longer.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - for the milk-shakes, the country life, and the family togetherness time. I admired Bria for wanting to (finally) help out in the way that worked for her. Her first moments of country life were amusing. And yes, she was kind of a brat, but I liked the way she grew during the summer. I loved the different flavors of milkshakes - I wish I could test one out. I loved Bria and Wren. Wren wasn't afraid to tell the truth about her feelings. Another great middle grade read from this author.

Cover Thoughts: Mouth-watering

Source: My library

Library Recommendation: A great middle grade read for your public and school libraries.

No comments: