Monday, January 4, 2021

End of the Year Survey

 * Survey from The Perpetual Page Turner

**2020 READING STATS**

Number Of Books You Read: 274 books and 681 picture books
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Romance

best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2020?

Here's my top ten list: YABookNerd: Top Ten Tuesday: Top Books of 2020 and top ten picture books: YABookNerd: Picture Book Wednesday: Best Books of 2020

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? 


 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

I don't always like celebrity picture books, but this one made me tear up.


 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? Because I work as a Children's Librarian, I talk mostly about picture books in my day job. I had a lot of conversations about this book:


 5. Best series you started in 2020? 



Best Sequel? 

So many... but here is middle grade and adult




Best Series Ender of 2020? Ending of a Trilogy:


 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2020?



7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? There aren't not many genres I don't read, but I'm not a big non-fiction reader. But I love this series by Kate Messner. 


 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


 9. Book You Read In 2020 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year? Who has time to re-read?

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2020? So many read cover this year! I'm picking this middle grade because it raises so many questions.


11. Most memorable character of 2020? Liz!


 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2020?


13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2020? Several, but I'll stop at 2




 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2020 to finally read? 



 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2020? I'm sure I have several, but I don't keep track of these.

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2020? Any picture book and Flashback at 848 pages


17. Book That Shocked You The Most -So much about this book shocked me. I couldn't put it down and sometimes I wanted to...

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year. Sara and Elizabeth


20. Favorite Book You Read in 2020 From An Author You’ve Read Previously


21. Best Book You Read In 2020 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:


23. Best 2020 debut you read?


24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? Made me want to travel to Scotland for Christmas


25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? Several, but this one was great - romance books, favorite authors, fake dating, and social media 


26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2020?


27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? I was SO Angry reading this book, but loved how it turned out


29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2020? I really enjoyed this one, but I found it interested that a grandmother and granddaughter would/could swap lives in a way.

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? All the feminist reads when they had to fight the patriarchy! I've already used several, but here's another great middle grade one


book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2020? Happy to see Chasing Faerytales back and with a great database that I will use for work!

2. Favorite post you wrote in 2020? This one on signs you're a book lover!


3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2020? My new card catalog!



4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events,  etc.)? I enjoyed a few virtual events that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to attend. But I really missed author events.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2020? There's not one moment, but I love talking about books with authors. This mostly happens to me on Twitter.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year? I missed events and seeing people.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? By Views - Feminist Items in My Etsy Shop

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? I thought this was a really fun post about the middle grade book turned into a Hallmark movie.


9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

They have the cutest stationary, stickers, pins, and washi tape. I bought a bunch of things for myself - and a few Christmas gifts.

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? I always have great intentions but never seem to remember them after I make them....

looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2020 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2021? This just came in on hold for me at the library. I have to catch up before I can read the newest book.


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2021 (non-debut)?



3. 2021 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?



 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2021?


5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2021? Go to an author event! Interview more authors on the blog.

No comments: