Friday, January 15, 2021

Book List: What to read after watching Bridgerton


I really did enjoy the Bridgerton adaptation.


I loved the scenery (Bath) and the fashion!


It would be amazing to be on this set - perhaps as a guest at a ball?


Eloise is my favorite! I loved her so much. I can't wait to see more of her.

And I'm hoping they make all eight seasons. (And it looks like they are! What great news.)

63 million households can't be wrong.

Or course, romance readers are not surprised by this. We've been here all along. There's a reason romance book publishing is a billion dollar industry. (No, that's not a typo it really is Billion)

If you're new to the romance world, welcome.

I talk about romance books often on this blog - both teen and adult.

I love the friendships in romance.
I love the strong feminist main characters.
And the clever banter.

Here are just a few recommendations:

Secrets of a Summer Night:
This is the first in the Lisa Kleypas series. Four wallflowers become friends and find love. It's delightful. And there's a spin-off series.

Nine Rules to Break While Romancing a Rake:
This is Sarah MacLean's first adult romance - her books are often connected by characters.
You can't go wrong with her books.
I talk about her books often!

Duchess Deal:
Tessa Dare used to be a librarian. Now she makes me laugh with her strong feminist characters.
Reviews here.

Earls Just Want to Have Fun:
This book made me laugh so much. I loved  the banter and the descriptions. 
Such a great read.

A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior:
The title grabbed me at first. I read this ages ago and never realized it was book 2.

Lady Bridget's Diary:
This is the start of a four book set that happens simultaneously between siblings. 
It's a nod to Pride and Prejudice and also Bridget Jones's Diary. I love all the books in the series and after reading it, the author has since become a favorite of mine


 

1 comment:

PJ Sharon said...

All sound excellent! I just finished watching Bridgerton and loved it. Can't wait for the next season.