Monday, October 7, 2019

Review: Summer of a Thousand Pies

Summer of a Thousand Pies
When it becomes clear that her father isn't capable of taking care of her, Cady's sent to live with the aunt she never knew. Cady's life hasn't been easy, but it's always shad her father. Now she has to navigate small town life, learn about her family, and attempt to bake the perfect pie.

As she starts to feel like maybe she belongs, she learns the truth about her aunt's pie shop. Determined to help save the shop, Cady keeps baking pies to finally create the perfect one. Because once she finally creates the perfect pie, everything will be ok - won't it?
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - of course it made me crave pies while I read it. And I wanted to bake my own perfect pie. I felt terrible for Cady and all that she's had to deal with in her short life. I enjoyed watching Cady acclimate to her new setting and her new family. I enjoyed her Aunt and her Aunt's partner - Shell and Suzanne were great about giving her space but also being there for her to reassure her that she would always have a place with them. A heartwarming read about family, friendship, and finding your place. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: ARC given to me by a friend after a book conference
Library Recommendation:  A great selection for public and school libraries

No comments: