Thursday, October 17, 2019

Christmas Book Review: Clementine for Christmas



Clementine for Christmas: A Wish Novel
Josie's shy, but she loves volunteering in the pediatric ward at the hospital -especially around the holidays. She and her dog, Clementine, dress up and visit the sick kids and their families. Josie sings and puts on skits while Clementine comforts them.

When a boy from school is forced to join her team, Josie isn't thrilled. He refuses to sing or dress up. Soon she begins to get fed up with him. Oscar hates the holidays because it makes his parents fight - all the time and about everything. He isn't interested in making anyone else happy. But there's something about Clementine that eases his pain.

Gabby's keeping her illness a secret after what happened at her last school. When her illness lands her in the hospital she's worried that the two volunteers from her class will spill the beans and everything will be ruined - again. She's hoping she can find a way to stop that from happening.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - I liked that Josie attempted to work through her shyness for something important. And that she had friends by her side. I liked how Oscar came around to volunteering. I liked how Gabby tried to help both of them. I love how the three of them needed each other and how eventually they became good friends. I felt bad for the three of them as they each worked through their troubles, but was happy they had each other. I adored Clementine. I wasn't a huge fan of the ending, but overall a sweet book.

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My library


No comments: