Monday, May 27, 2019

Review: Love, Penelope


Love, Penelope

Penelope is about to become a big sister. She's super excited. She can't wait to share the world with her new sibling. Her moms give her a journal so she can start writing to the baby. Penelope writes about her secret crush, things she loves (Warriors basketball), lying to her teacher, friendship drama, and so much more.
My Thoughts: At first, I didn't understand why this book was set in 2014-2015 but then the narrative took a turn. And it was amazing. I got it. And I loved it. I loved how Penelope loved basketball (even if it was the Warriors). I loved the friendship moments - both the good and the bad, but more importantly how they worked things out. I loved Penelope's two moms and the family dynamic. Obviously I didn't like Rick, but he was an important part of the story. I loved the letters to You (the not yet born sibling). I really enjoyed this read. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation:  A great read for your library and perfect for a Pride display!

No comments: