Saturday, January 5, 2019

End of the Year Survey: 2018

**2018 READING STATS**
From Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner 

Number Of Books You Read: 238 kids, teen, and adult books and 729 picture books
Number of Re-Reads: 1
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary romance


best-YA-books-2014
I will try NOT to use the same books for answers

1. Best Book You Read In 2018?

I did a top ten for LibFavs on twitter and my favorite was P.S. I Miss You
P.S. I Miss You

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  

Front Desk

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

As a librarian, I push A LOT of books towards people - I'm not sure how to answer this question. But here are some I talked about frequently:
Stay SweetCheck, Please!: #Hockey, Vol. 1Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History

 5. Best series you started in 2018? Best Sequel of 2018? Best Series Ender of 2018?

I read a LOT of series books!
Started:
A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1)Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1)Kill the Queen (Crown of Shards, #1)
Sequel:
Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #6)The Princess in Black and the Science Fair Scare (The Princess in Black #6)The Girl with the Dragon Heart
Ended:
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2018?

I have several:
One and Only (Bridesmaids Behaving Badly #1)Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1)The Wedding DateThe Vanderbeekers of 141st StreetSpinning

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

Second Chance Summer

I don't like books that I know will make me cry - but I loved this one even though it made me cry like a baby.

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

The Parker InheritanceFront DeskHey, Kiddo

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2018?

Some of my favorites:
Christmas CampThe Geography of Lost ThingsThe Girl with the Dragon HeartSmart Cookie

11. Most memorable character of 2018?

Front Desk

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2018?

Good Luck with That

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2018?

Good Luck with That

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2018 to finally read? 

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

16.Shortest and Longest Book You Read In 2018?

Shortest (beside the pictures books): 48 pages
Longest: 794 pages
Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #6)
Harry Potter: Diagon Alley: A Movie Scrapbook

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
Nightfall (Keeper of the Lost Cities, #6)Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6)

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

The Prince and the Dressmaker

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2018 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

Too many to name

21. Best Book You Read In 2018 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:

Check, Please!: #Hockey, Vol. 1

23. Best 2018 debut you read?

P.S. I Miss You

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

The Queen of Sorrow (The Queens of Renthia #3)

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

Royal Crown (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, #4)Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2)Born to Dance: Celebrating Moments of Joy, from Toddler to TeenStarry EyesStay Sweet
Love Scene, Take TwoAbout That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1)It's Hard Out Here for a Duke (Keeping Up with the Cavendishes, #4)The Big Bad Fox

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018?

Second Chance SummerJourney of the Pale BearCatwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons, #3)The Rose Legacy (The Rose Legacy, #1)More Than We Can Tell (Letters to the Lost, #2)

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

Love à la Mode

book-blogging

2. Favorite post you wrote in 2018?

Maybe this one for National Library Week chatting about all the great things libraries do!

3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2018?

When I ran into my #OTSPsecretsister at BEA

I feel like I take less pictures now at author events and it's silly!

4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events,  etc.)?

I always love BEA
but this year, Shannon Messenger came to CT! I've been reading her amazing books for years.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018?

My Blog turned 10 this year!

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

I made my blogging goal of 300 posts, but I didn't make my goodreads challenge. 
*Shrugs * 
These things happen.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019?

Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
I read this over New Year's and it was amazing!

This is my next one:
Flashback

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)?

SO many!

Courting Darkness (Courting Darkness Duology, #1)

But this one I was super excited to hear about!

3. 2019 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

We Hunt the Flame

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019?

Her Royal Highness (Royals, #2)

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2019?

Read more Own Voices stories 

No comments: