Thursday, July 12, 2018

Romance Review: Wicked and the Wallflower

Wicked and the Wallflower (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #1) * 1st in a new series *
Felicity Faircloth used to have friends but one too many misunderstandings (Sandals) and they've dropped her. She'd give anything to be on the inside again. When she makes a terrible blunder, sharing with her former friends, that she's captured the hand of a Duke, she knows she won't be able to recover from it.

What she doesn't know is that her family's put all their hopes into her marrying well. And they can't believe that everything is about to be destroyed. But from the darkness, one voice tells Felicity that he can deliver the Duke to her - if she would like.

She agrees and he's somewhat disappointed. In order for his plan to work, he will have to ruin her. The more time he spends with her, the more he starts to care for her. And the more he wishes things could be different.

My Thoughts: I adored this book. I loved Felicity - from her awkward moments in society to her lock picking skills to her big heart. I love the banter between her and Devil. I love how she was always doing the unexpected thing as far as he was concerned. I loved their moments together in his world. I like learning more about Covent Garden and how the brothers and sister rose above everything to become the leaders. I felt terrible for Devil and his siblings for their upbringing. I adored Grace - I can't wait to read more about her. I'm a sucker for anything Sarah MacLean writes.

Cover Thoughts: What could be better than a lady in a pink dress?
Source: BEA book / Avon Addict Book
Library Recommendation: Sarah MacLean is always a must have for public library romance collections. 

No comments: