Monday, July 23, 2018

Review: Death in the Stacks

Death in the Stacks (Library Lover's Mystery, #8)
* Book 8 in the Library Lovers series *
Lindsey and her staff are getting ready for their annual fundraiser - a night of dinner and dancing in the library. It's supposed to be a magical night - and it would be in her board president wasn't trying to insult everyone.

Olive Boyle just took over as the library board president. She has a talent for making everyone's life miserable. She's threated the library, Lindsey's job, and spoke ill of Paula. After the dinner, her body's discovered in the stacks with Paula leaning over it.

Lindsey knows that Paula didn't kill Olive, even if she does have a secret past. While Lindsey vowed not to investigate, she's reluctantly pulled back in; she must figure out who murdered Olive before things for the library turn really bad.
My Thoughts: I love this series and I loved this book even more because of the crossover with characters from other books series by the same author. It was charming to see everyone in the small Connecticut town. I loved seeing old friends. I really enjoyed the mystery here - with Olive's terrible personality there were many suspects. The personal lives of the sleuths are also great - I love seeing where Lindsey lands. I also really like Emma and Robbie together. Another fantastic chapter in the series! Can't wait for the next book.

Cover Thoughts: Charming, as usual
Source: My library
Library Recommendation: This cozy series about libraries is a must have for public libraries.

No comments: