Saturday, May 14, 2016

Mysterious Saturday Review: Vanilla Beaned

* Book 8 in the Cupcake Bakery mystery series *
Against her better judgement, Mel decided to look into the possibility of franchising her bakery. She and Angie and Tate are headed to Vegas to check things out.

Only Tate and Angie miss the first meeting. It ends quickly as the building blows up killing one person and injuring another. That's all it takes for Mel to want to back out of the whole idea (besides the fact that Holly looks nothing like a baker.)

When they look at a shop the next day, another accident happens. At first Mel thinks it's just a coincidence, but then she's not too sure. Someone doesn't want this deal to go through...
My Thoughts: I love this series! I really liked the field trip to Vegas and the idea of opening a new bakery. I loved meeting Holly - I like how she explained her life and how she saw the bakery as a opportunity to be a better parent. I really loved her daughter Sydney. She was adorable, sassy, and smart. Of course I love the baking moments. I adored that ending - both the sweet and the cliffhanger. Now I need the next book immediately!

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: My Library
Final Thoughts: If you're a cozy reader and you haven't read this series yet, get yourself to a library and grab these mouthwatering reads. You won't regret it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do love me some cozy mystery novels. And I also happen to love cupcakes, so I'm thinking I should keep an eye out for this series at my library!