Thursday, May 26, 2016

Graphic Novel Review: Cleopatra in Space



Book 1: Target Practice:
Cleopatra uncovers a mysterious tablet which transports her hundreds of years into the future. According to a prophecy, she's the one who is going to save the world from an evil ruler. Cleo begins Yasiro Academy to train. But it's harder than it looks and some of the classes are super boring. Plus she misses her family and she doesn't quite fit in.

Still, she can't help but be intrigued by her first assignment, which turns out to be way more dangerous than she anticipated.
Book 2: The Thief and the Sword:
When a thief steals the sword that Cleopatra acquired on her first mission, she gives chase. She almost has the thief when her teachers force her back to school. Her chase ruins the school dance her roommate tried so hard to set up.

The academy learns of a sister tablet - one that could send Cleo back in time. She's just starting to get used to life here - would she really want to go back given the chance?
My Thoughts: I love this series. I like how Cleo struggles to become part of this different world. I like her slacker ways. I love how she's up for an adventure. I love that she's skilled in areas of combat. I love the action and adventure. I love her exasperated teacher (a talking cat) who isn't thrilled with her decisions and tries to keep her out of danger.  I like learning more about the backstory. I like learning more about the other students at the academy. The graphics are colorful and bold. The characters leap off the pages. 

 I'm so looking forward to the next book in the series!

No comments: