Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors

This week's topic is authors you automatically buy. As a reader, I get most of my books from the library. When I was a librarian, I had SEVERAL YA authors that were not Rockstar authors. These authors went out like hotcakes - sometimes they were on the reading list, sometimes I hand sold them to kids, or sometimes the cover just grabbed them.Either way, I was happy to buy them, happy to read them, and happy to recommend them.Of course, this is a very small list of authors; there were many more.

Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Lisa Schroeder
Matt de la Pena
Miranda Kenneally 
Tera Lynn Childs
Sarah Mlynoski
Jen Calonita
Rick Yancy
Alexander Gordon Smith
Michael Grant

6 comments:

Greg said...

I just read a Lisa Schroeder recently, and Sarah Mlynoski has one I want to try (plus her kids books are popular at our house). :) Nice list.

Rachel said...

Great list. I've read a lot of Michael Grant too and I just got turned onto Jennifer Lynn Barnes with her new book THE FIXER (It was sooooo good if you haven't read it)

My TTT: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-authors-i-auto-buy.html

Lola said...

I've only read books by Tera Lynn Childs from your list, but she's great!

MeezCarrie said...

I have heard of none of these lol... will need to investigate them :) My TTT

Kate @ Fictional Thoughts said...

I really like Miranda Kenneally's style. She writes fun contemporary stories which have a bit of a more serious side once you get down to it. I'm currently reading Racing Savannah :D
Great list!

Kate @ Fictional Thoughts

Renee said...

Great list!

Renee' My TTT