Friday, January 30, 2009

My Library at Home



This is the bookcase as you walk into the door (if there was a door)


Next you'd see the chair on the far side of the room. It's really cozy, but usually it's the messiest corner of the room



Here's another bookcase. There's one more in the room that's not pictured. Most of them are filled with YA books and mysteries. I have boxes of "scholarly" books in storage. I love having my books surrounding me. And yes, there is mostly an order - by genre. (expect in this picture. I had rearranged the books to take this picture for something - but I'm not sure what)


My tiny Paris door that I Love (and will take with me when I move) is a small storage space

Ever since college, I've found that walls are too plain. So I've created collages (mostly on the ceiling in college, but on the walls here). There are loads of pictures and phrases from magazines, calendars, and cards. It's a mixture of amusing things, cute photos, phrases I love, places I've been, places I want to go, people I admire, or just make me smile. Most of them have a story...there really pieces of me.


The other Wall...

2 comments:

katie j said...

I love your wall collages! I have been doing that with my "treasures" that I have collected over the years and it always make my dorm/apartment/house feel more like a home!

Melissa Walker said...

I'm with Katie--your collages make it so warm and personalized!