Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tween Tuesday Review: The Last Great Adventure of the PB& J Society

Annie and Jason are best friends - they do everything together. Until they learn that Jason's family has financial troubles and might be moving. Luckily Annie has lots of ideas on how to raise money to save Jason's house.

Except none of them work out the way she planned. But she's not about to give up. She can't lose her best friend. Can she find a way to save them? Maybe an ancient pirate treasure? Or maybe win the lottery. Or maybe...
My Thoughts: Oh man, this book was excellent and it seriously tugged at my heartstrings. I felt terrible for Annie and for the thought of her best friend leaving her. I like that she had a lot of ideas to help. She has a really big heart, even if none of the ideas turned out well. I felt terrible for Jason, for what his family was going through and for how his parents acted. I love how Annie and Jason befriendeMrs. Schuster. I loved the realistic ending.

Cover Thoughts: Really Cute
Source: From the Library
Library Recommendation: Highly Recommended for Middle School/Tween collections

No comments: