Monday, August 22, 2016

Tween Review: Classy Crooks Club

AJ's stuck spending the summer with her strict grandmother while her parents travel to the Amazon for a research trip. Her grandmother wants to turn her into a proper young lady. She must answer to Annemarie, she must not skateboard or run in the house, her friends may not come over, and she must learn how to sew. AJ is sure this is going to be the worst summer ever - until she accidentally goes into the forbidden part of the house.

There she uncovers birds - lots of birds. Just to make sure, she didn't dream everything, she breaks into the room again to discover her grandmother and her friends where she learns the truth. These ladies steal things and they want her to help.
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book. In the beginning, I felt terrible for AJ as her summer looked dismal outside of her soccer practices. But as the book went on, her summer improved. I like how her relationship changed with the grandmother. I love how she learned new skills. I like how the ladies formed the club and how they rotated through their members. I liked the friendship drama between AJ and her best friend - how she couldn't tell her about her real summer and the misunderstandings. A fun book with a brave character who wasn't afraid to stand up for what's right. 

Cover Thoughts: Amazingly Good
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for tween sections

No comments: