Saturday, August 27, 2016

Mysterious Saturday Review: Caught Bread Handed

 * Book 4 in the Bakeshop Mystery Series * 
Drama comes to Ashland - in the form of Jules's husband and in a new restaurant. Jules isn't sure what to do about her relationship. Should she forgive Carlos? Should they be reunited? She loves seeing him in her hometown, but is that enough?

The new restaurant in town is making everyone miserable. A fast food joint shouldn't be part of the community, especially without blending into the Shakespeare theme. When the owner is found dead - suspicions arise on the angry business owners.

Jules walked in after the murder. With so many people angry at the victim, it's going to hard looking for just one person who committed the crime.  
My  Thoughts: I really love this series - I love the town, the people, and the bakeshop. I love how Jules is torn between Carlos and the town and what direction her life will take. I love the new ideas for the bakeshop, especially for the chocolate festival (which means I can't wait to read the next book). With all the food describe, this book makes my mouth water. I admit that I enjoyed learning more about Carlos. I'm starting to warm up to him a bit more. A fantastic addition to the series.

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Recommendation: Highly recommended for cozy sections at all public libraries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am I understanding correctly that the town in this series is Shakespeare themed? Is that a constant theme in the earlier novels as well? Because I'd basically pick these books up based on that alone. I love Shakespeare! I'm also kind of intrigued by estranged husband. Usually the heroine has just gone through a divorce or broken off an engagement. I've never read a cozy where the significant other tries to win back the affections of the heroine. I'll have to keep an eye out for this one...