Friday, March 15, 2024

Review: Top Story

 


* Book 5 in the Front Desk series *

Mia and Lupe are spending winter break in San Fransico. Mia will be attending a prestigious journalism internship and Lupe will be attending the math championships. Both have high expectations for their time there. But Mia does hope they get to enjoy themselves too.

Mia isn't loving her internship. She's eager to make her mark, but all her stories keep getting rejected. Lupe starts thinking about SATs and skipping high school and going straight to college. Jason and Hank arrive to help cook a big banquet for the place they are staying. Jason has a crush on a new acquaintance. Mia isn't happy about that. She starts to examine her own feelings. 

My Thoughts: I love this series. I love Mia and how she uses words as both her weapon and her love language. My heart broke for her and her new friends and all they endured at the internship. But I love how they rallied and how they tackled a new challenge. I loved the additional new characters and seeing old favorites. I loved the addition of Comma. I loved learning more about their new community and how they all came together. Another wonderful addition to this series. I hope it continues for many more books. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming
Source: My Library
Library Commendation: A must have series for your public and school library's collection. 

No comments: