Monday, March 25, 2024

Review: The Improbably Tales of Baskerville Hall

 

* First in a new series * 

Arthur Conan Doyle used his quick wits to save a baby, but in doing so, he also saved himself. Because of his quick actions, he's been gifted an opportunity to go to boarding school. He's excited to go to Baskerville Hall and to keep learning. He's hoping that soon, he will be able to make his family more comfortable. 

He soon meets three friends who help him settle into the school. Although, he does make an enemy. This enemy seems determine to make trouble for Arthur. When a secret society calls upon them, Arthur will have to make choices that will change everything.

My Thoughts: I really enjoyed this book - lots of action and danger. There are secrets to uncover and truths to sort out. Everything is not what it seems - which makes for quick page turning. I liked the Baskerville Hall - from the studies, the students, and the grounds. I loved the different friends and their quirks. I'm eager to see where this series is going. But I do hope there's a little more about Arthur's family life. 

Cover Thoughts: Charming

Source: My Library

Library Recommendation: A great book for your school and public library collections. Highly recommended. 

1 comment:

Natalie Aguirre said...

I've seen this book around. I'm glad you really enjoyed it. I'm going to see if my library has it too.