Monday, March 18, 2024

Graphic Novel Review: Sunny Makes her Case



* Book 5 in the Sunny series *

Sunny isn't sure which club she chooses. Her friend wants to try out for cheerleading. She convinces Sunny to try out too. But Sunny doesn't make it; she doesn't have the coordination. She's just not sure what to do. But then another friend has another idea - debate club.

There is no official debate club at their school, but together they try to make it happen. It takes them time to finds an advisor, but once they do, they start practicing. Could the club become a success?

My Thoughts: I loved this one. I love how Sunny swung from cheerleading to debate club. I love how she threw herself into her new club. I really loved reading about debate prep. There were funny moments - especially with the boys who never knew about the debate team. Middle school is always hard, but graphic novels like this one makes it a little better. I'm always here for more Sunny books. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute - I love the power suit!
Source: My Library

Library Recommendation: A must have series for your school and public libraries 

No comments: