Thursday, October 20, 2022

Vacation Photos: Rocky Mountains Part 1

 This past week, I was on vacation in Colorado - first in Boulder and then Estses Park. We did some hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park. We saw lots of mountains and waterfalls and lakes.

Part one is all the scenery. Tomorrow I'll post more pictures. 

My favorite lake we hiked too. It was a hard hike for me. The steep ones kill me. But the view was worth it. 

On top of Trail Ridge Road one morning - very frosty and chilly!
It looks like a Christmas wonderland.

Another great lake

Crossing a river. 

A sunny lake - this was a long day of hiking and lakes but so many great views

More waterfalls

Fun rock formations.

This was the hardest hike - steep most of the way. We crossed this boulder field twice, but luckily didn't have to climb it straight up. 

The last waterfall of the vacation - this one had a rainbow. 

On the way out to a waterfall 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Jen! So wonderful to see your photos and read about your adventures. Looks like a trip I would have loved in my younger years. Today, just walking to the garden can be an adventure! Love your posts, but love most of all that you are a YA librarian! That was probably my favorite age group of books. As a matter of fact...I still love reading YA books - even more than adult fiction! I still love the Bloody Jack series by L. A. Meyer the most. I have passed my copies on to so many others to read, including my granddaughter - all have loved them. Thanks for sharing your world. Your posts make me feel young again! (Mrs.) Susan Lyman