Thursday, September 8, 2022

Review: The Bodyguard

 


Hannah doesn't look like a bodyguard - but she has skills. Right now, she's spinning her wheels waiting for an assignment. She loves leaving town and going on assignment. But her latest assignment leaves a lot to be desired.

She's stuck pretending to fake date a Hollywood star who has come home for the first time in years. Jack Stapleton's mother is ill. He's not about to let his mom worry about his stalker. The movie studio hires a bodyguard (whom he mistakes for the cleaning lady until she flips him over without breaking a sweat.) 

Before long Hannah's moving to the family ranch. She's never had a close family and Jack's mom makes her feel important. 

Tensions are thick between Jack and his brother, but time on the ranch before idyllic. But is Hannah feeling a little too much for Jack? 
My Thoughts: I loved this book. This is my first Katherine Center book but no way is it my last. So much here that I loved: the banter between Hannah and Jack, Jack's family, and Hannah's co-workers. I enjoyed the fake dating plot - hiding from the press - and the fan moments. Lots of drama, action, and great moments. I didn't want this book to end. 

Cover Thoughts: Cute
Source: my Library
Library Recommendation: A must have book for your romance collection

Quick Tiktok:

@yabooknerdlibrarian ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ read! This romance book gave me all the feels!! #booktok #romancebooks #romancetok #5star #booknerd ♬ She Share Story (for Vlog) - 山口夕依

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I think all of Katherine Center's books are really good. I think you'll enjoy reading your way through them.